Each Thursday afternoon, we deliver food packages to recipients across south east London. Members collect packages from The Field in New Cross and deliver them on foot, by bike, or by car.
To deliver a package you need to provide your own transport and bags:
- a package for one person can be delivered on foot or bike using a medium backpack
- a package for two to three people will need a large (hiking) backpack
- packages for more than three people may need pannier bags or a trailer
Where possible, we encourage members to deliver to the same people regularly. This helps build relationships within our community.
Monday sign up
- Use the Signup Zone Parcels Delivery tab to sign up for a delivery.
- Select a time slot between 11.30am and 2.30pm on Thursday, when you will collect your package from The Field.
- Call your recipient to arrange a delivery time.
- Have a chat – ask them how they are and if they need anything in particular. We may or may not be able to provide it that week, but it’s also good to know for the future. This helps to build your relationship and strengthen our community network.
- If it’s your first time delivering to this recipient, the coordinator will give you their address and phone number on the Wednesday. If you need a mask or hand sanitiser, let the co-ordinator know.
Thursday at The Field
- Bring plastic bags if you have any to donate.
- Wear a mask and keep 2 metres distance at all times.
- If packing stations are all full, please queue outside.
- Wash your hands when you arrive. The sink is down the alley on the left of the building.
- Use the plastic bags provided when packing. Don’t pack straight into your backpack or panniers.
At your delivery address
- Sanitise your hands when you arrive.
- Put the plastic bags on their doorstep, then ring or knock and stand back.
- Have a chat – check they’re happy with their packages and whether they need anything else.
- If you encounter any problems, contact the coordinator.